22/10/2015

The Blogger Interview Tag

The lovely Danielle of Underland to Wonderland tagged me to answer these questions for in the Blogger Interview Tag, and if you get the chance, definitely head over to Danielle's blog, she's one of my favourites and there is always something interesting in each of her posts from Disney to stunning nature photography. There's something for everyone and she's a lovely lady too.

So without further ado, onto the questions!


How did you get into blogging?

This is my favourite photo from my first ever post on Through Tasha's Camera, which you can read here if you're interested.

I started my first blog a long time ago now, probably coming up to 7 or 8 years ago, back when I was a teenager and it just began as a hobby. I'd had a couple of diaries as a kid and I wanted to create an online one as a digital time-capsule for me to look back over on in the future. As time went on, and I switched from one blog to another (my first ever blog title was Find The White Horse - named after my favourite Dick King Smith book) I changed blog names and eventually came to create Through Tasha's Camera, previously known as Tasha's Treasure Trove! It was a whole new start for me and there are still some old posts, with dead links and missing photos that I need to tidy up, but I'm happy with my little online space.


What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?

I also love seeing people share their own original content, be it artwork or photography! This was last week's sunset on Friday.

I never feel like I'm the best at giving out advice in regards to blogging as I only do this as a hobby, but if I was to say anything to anyone who wants to start a blog, or doesn't know how to go about starting one I always just say, pick your favourite platform (I chose blogger because I find it the easiest to use) and write what you love. There's nothing better than going to someone's blog and really feeling the passion in their posts, and it can be about anything too! You don't necessarily have to stick to a niche, or what's popular. Some of my favourite blogs are about wildlife, history, writing and art! If you're writing what you love, I find myself doing it regularly, as it never feels like a chore - hence why I do post a lot about nature and creative things.


What would be your dream campaign?

Macmillan Cancer Support do a lot of sponsored walks, some you can organise yourself and others you can sign up for. I know that at the moment they have a hiking trip set in Cambodia and I'd really like to get involved in something like that just once. Being able to raise money for charity and then go away to do something active in another part of the world really excites me, and I think the experience would be amazing. If anyone is interested in it, there's a link here to their sponsored walk page and a link at the bottom about the Cambodia trip, in case anyone wants to take a look.

Do you have a plan for your blog?

One of my old canvas paintings - a volcanic landscape - I want to do more things like this.

Yes and no. I do want to use this space to spur on my creativity and to encourage me to progress in terms of things such as photography and art. These are two things I've been doing since I was quite young, but having never properly studied them I'm constantly learning new things and I do use my blog as a way to prompt myself, as well as looking to other bloggers for advice and inspiration. I also hope that I can keep this blog up for forever too. I'd like to say I didn't give up on it!

What do you think about rankings?

I don't really think about them that much. For me blogging is my hobby and I don't think it will ever be anything but just a hobby, and I'm OK with that. I'm not too fussed about having lots of readers or followers, I'm just happy that people come over and read and comment once in a while, and hopefully they can take away a nice post from it too. It probably sounds very unambitious in terms of doing more with this, but I'm happy with my little space online and hopefully it manages to put a smile on someone's face, just once.

I'll leave this tag open to anyone else who wants to answer these questions!

Hope you're all well!

Be happy.

Tasha
xxx

7 comments:

  1. And that's why we like you so much. You have an honest simplicity and passion in your writing that engages us every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos never fail to make me smile so that's one goal complete!
    Nice to know a little more about your blogging journey :o)
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love original content of any kind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great questions and answers and of course its always a joy to get to know more about you.

    On a slightly different note I enjoyed your 'Eleven Things' meme so much that I decided to join in the fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet sweet things you said about me - thank you!!
    Of course I completely agree and love all of your answers :) It isn't unambitious at all - I think it's extra ambitious to do all the work we do without getting paid for it haha!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your relaxed attitude towards blogging, I'd imagine that is what makes your blog such a relaxing destination to visit! I had no idea you'd been blogging for so many years by the way, how interesting :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely! Write what you love! They are the blogs I love to read, ones that I can read their joy and their excitement in the words. I adore the stories of people's lives. Not that that seems to be very popular these days...
    I like your blog goals! That's all I want from my blog. I'd like it to be a space that people come back to, to have a little read, enjoy a photo or two and I'd like them to come back again and again. Kind of like a magazine, that kind of feel. Not something you Google and click through to and move on. Something that someone can follow along with... if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha