14/11/2015

Hope and Kindness, Always.

I don't often talk about subjects like these here, but in light of recent events I felt I had to say something. Whenever tragedies such as the recent crises we've been seeing occurs, there is a collective sigh and grief which is felt the world over, for many different reasons. However, it is important to remember that both alone and together we are more powerful than we give ourselves credit for. 

On the 13th November it was World Kindness Day and today more than ever I am feeling this for the world over.

In times like these, the outpouring of love and solidarity I see flooding social media and in daily conversation, gives me hope. However there is always the odd comment, steeped in misunderstanding and hatred which only fuels a fire that is threatening to burn out of control - we must not lose sight of ourselves, and we must stand united in the face of a crisis. When you are in pain, you must give yourself time to heal, and love, compassion and care only help to speed that process along. Fear, intolerance and hate will only help the ache to flourish.

There is a famous quote from Buddha which, while I am not a Buddhist has helped me on countless occasions, that says,


I have always been fond of the idea of sharing your own candlelight in hopes of re-lighting the joy within another, and today that quote has struck a chord with me. I made this little quote artwork a while ago to print out and stick on my wall, and each day I look at it to remind myself of what I can do and am capable of sharing with the world, even on my darkest days.

 I am at my core a peaceful person, and whenever I see tragedy I only wish and hope for peace and swift healing. It is not something which is born out of an expectation to be kind and caring, but my humanity. As a human being and an optimist, I have faced sadness, pain, loss and suffering - as we all have - but in those times I have learned that the kindness, love, support and compassion of family, friends and in many cases total strangers far outweighs the hurt and the pain that I have felt.

There is so much right now that is causing the world to grieve, and too much for us to take on all at once, but in our own ways we can be kind, we can be compassionate and we can be human - and we can change things, we can be better, we can be stronger.

One person can change the world and I have always lived by the ideal that each person is fighting their own battles, as am I. So I am going to keep spreading kindness, hope and love - even in the darkest of times, when it seems impossible, because that is the only way I know how to find the light once more.

I want to thank everyone who reads this and hope that you're OK, and that if you are grieving at the moment, know that there is someone here who will stand with you through it, always. We may not know eachother, we may never even meet, we may be the closest of friends, but I will always be here if you need someone to listen.

Finally, I want to say;

Nous vous prions d'accepter nos sincères condoléances

And I really do hope that you're all OK, wherever you are in the world, stay safe. Life can be very cruel sometimes, but we have proved time and again, that the kindness and companionship of people the world over can unite us into positive action and a brighter future.

I'm sorry if this seemed too heavy or deep from my usual posts but I wanted to put this out into the world and share it, in the hopes that it might help someone else too, even just for a brief moment.

So, thank you.

Tasha
xxx


3 comments:

  1. The best way to win is to carry on enjoying life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a heartwarming post. :) Horrible things happen so often, but I am always encouraged when I see people who value being a kind person above other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admit, I'm a person who stays away from these kinds of posts, well not this kind, but the ones we've had pop up specifically talking about the various tragedies that have gone on. It some ways I think this only makes them see how hurt we are by the events and that could be seen as winning, and (a little on the cynical side) but I some times read them as if people are trying to prove they care by publicly writing about it and tweeting about it. Having watched people be attacked for not publicly tweeting their outrage or sadness... It's almost as though we are expected to do so now at every tragic event.

    But, I digress, I loved this post. It wasn't about anything particular, but it was about everything at the same time. It was heart-warming and so damn true. People are no longer kind to each other, I've been unkind to people, we all have, but people are down right cruel these days. We shouldn't be living in a World where we have to ask ourselves where has the humanity gone, we should be surrounded by humanity - and not just humanity on Twitter - real, heartfelt, smile-at-a-stranger humanity.

    So yeah, I'm always that person who doesn't acknowledge the tragic events on Twitter or my blog, I can't bring myself to do it, I know whatever I would say would sound insincere and wrong. I prefer to keep it to myself, continue trying to be the best version of myself as possible, being kind, offering people help and hoping to see a little bit of humanity every now and then.

    Long comment, is long.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha