01/01/2016

2015 : A Colourful Year!

As 2015 comes to a close, it's normal for me to get reflective and look back over the past 12 months, reminisce, get emotional and feel nostalgic and I can't stop myself from doing it, even though I know it's the typical thing to do! This year has been hectic to put it mildly, but by the time Autumn arrived things were starting to fall into place and now I'm seeing in 2016 in a new place, with a new job and hopefully more good things on the horizon, and I wish wholeheartedly that you all find the same joy in 2016.

So, farewell 2015 and 2016; have at you!


WINTER

In Winter I - 

  • Saw the peaks at Newland's Valley dusted with a fine coating of snow.
  • Wandered along the River Derwent, watching as the herons, swans and even the occasional fish appeared to say hello.
  • Walked across ice covered pathways as they crunched underfoot and found myself waking to frosty mornings on more than one occasion!
  • Saw icy blue wintry skies
  • Took part in the Big Garden Birdwatch for the RSPB for the first time and spotted Blue Tits among an array of stunning garden birds - possibly the highlight of January for me!
  • Spied the first few perfect snowdrops as Spring announced it's arrival and the frozen ground began to thaw.

SPRING 

In Spring I - 

  • Went wild flower hunting and found the pretty lilac coloured leaves of the cuckoo flower along the hedgerows.
  • Bees emerged from their burrows and I was lucky enough to spot several as the first few weeks of Spring flew by!
  • The lambs in the neighbouring field were born and lifted my heart each morning as I awoke to bleating and watched them gambol about.
  • The River Derwent almost became my second home as I spent much of my time there, taking photos and walking.
  • Began my voluntary placement and found the sun coming out for me as the temperature spiralled and the wildlife appeared.

SUMMER

In Summer I - 

  • Got fully stuck into the 30 Days Wild challenge after some prompting from the lovely Louise, whose blog you can find here with my favourite discovery being the adorable May Bug.
  • Made friends with the local wildlife in the shape of the resident swan pair and got to see their adorable cygnets thanks to my neighbours.
  • Got out and about and met some lovely cows who were more than happy to pose for photos!
  • Visited the coast and got to deep my feet in the cool waters of the Irish Sea - there were lots of jellyfish around!
  • Turned 25 and adopted a shiver (love the collective name for them!) whale sharks with The Shark Trust
  • As the Summer wound down I finished my voluntary placement and we moved, leaving behind those beautiful roses for the next set of tenants. 

AUTUMN 

In Autumn I - 
  • Watched the skies turn from blue to a fiery red as the late sunshine and heat of Summer continued on into September.
  • Went trail walking with the family in the local woods and spotted stunning butterflies, moths and hoverflies amongst the hedgerows.
  • Saw an array of pretty fungi as the first signs of Autumn made themselves known.
  • The garden at our new place began to lose it's colour but the flowers held on well into late Autumn - those orange flowers were my favourites and I can't wait for them to bloom again in the Spring.
  • We got some lovely bird shaped visitors who have stayed with us throughout the rest of the year - I do love starlings.
  • The rain arrived and so did the storms and it was comfy blankets and tea as the year began to wind down and I started my new job.


I'm linking up with Jen from Pierced Wonderings for the first Photo Friday of this year for me!


I also want to thank everyone for their kind words and supportive comments over the past year. I'm always amazed that so many people visit this space and enjoy what they see, and I hope in 2016 I can continue to make you smile and inspire you to venture out in the world. 





Wishing you all the best in 2016!




Tasha


xxx

21 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful 2015! I really wanted to take part in the 30 Days Wild challenge but found out about it a little too late. I'll have to get involved next time.

    Happy new year. Wishing you a wonderful 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always something to see, you just have to look

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking back at my year! It's so easy to forget what you did and all the good things that happened. It's partly why I love having my blog, it's much easier to remember things haha!

    Happy New Year Tasha, wishing you all the best for 2016! xxxx

    Sian xx Cakey Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Tasha. It looks like you had a wonderful year. I look forward to reading more of your posts in 2016... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to organize a reflection! I'm so glad to have "met" you via the link-up - thank you for continuing to participate with us each week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing to see how the nature in your place turns out every season. Here in our country we only have rainy and sunny climate. There's a little difference when it comes to environmental changes. However, I like your lovely photos Tasha! It makes me want to visit your place :) Thank you and Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year Tasha! Loved seeing all your photos gathered together x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Spain: I love your pics. Happy New Year. I just discovered your blog and I like the variety of topics that you write. Fashion and beauty are my hobbies with my Barbie doll collection. Right now I have a blog dedicated to those dolls that I invite you to visit: http://all4barbie.blogspot.com.es/ If you want we keep in touch. I already made me a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have loads of beautiful photos from 2015, hope you're 2016 is just as good!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful collages! It sounds like 2015 was a pretty good year for you, hopefully 2016 will be even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many beautiful nature/scenery captures, like a breath of fresh air! I hope 2016 treats you very well Natasha and I look forward to seeing more of your photography.

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely tribute to 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was such a great idea and lovely pictures xx Happy new year to you xx

    http://wildfirecharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a magical year. I hope we get to see lots more exciting shots and share more wonderful adventures with you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a brilliant post, Tasha!! I love love love all your images. You've had such an amazing year and I am so blessed to have been a part of it via your camera. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ž Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pictures ! Love all the animals ! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like you had a year positively stuffed with beauty!! How fantastic. All the very best for 2016

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful post, I'm a bit jealous of how much nature time you managed to pack in! I'm hoping I can get outside more this year, this has really reminded me how much I miss spending time in nature.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha