05/01/2016

Mood Boarding!

Each year I make a mood board using whatever available space I have - be it a cork-board, or simply my wall. I find that having images, certain words, doodles, pieces of DIY and even lists, really helpful in terms of spurring on my creativity, calming me and reminding me of what I love and can look forward to. It's proven to be especially useful for battling anxiety and depression and this is how my 2016 boards are looking so far!


I have one board above my desk and my current favourites are the origami Millenium Falcon my Mum made, the postcard shot of the hammerhead shark which I got when I adopted whale sharks, this quote my lovely friend sent to me and finally the most recent addition - a piece of artwork from the brilliant wirrow.


And the full board!


The second board is above my bed and my current favourites are a piece of artwork my lovely friend did for me while we were at uni, the stunning Disney quote from the wonderful Danielle of Underland to Wonderland and a card which was attached to a bracelet my friend sent me recently which is all about unicorns!


And the final board!

I'm linking up with both Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday today. Just click on their names to see more!


Hope you're all having a wonderful start to the week!

Tasha
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Oh Tasha--these are brilliant!! I absolutely love them and can definitely see how you can feel just a little bit ppier when battling depression by looking at these. Your images always make me happier. Your an inspiration...💞😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing mood boards, Tasha. Whether if it's on the computer or from paper, it's really helpful to kick start the creativity mind set :)
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea! I actually scrapbook myself, which I suppose is quite similar, though I'm many, many months behind right now haha. I'm sorry to hear you've experienced depression/anxiety in the past, I genuinely hope each month gets better and better for you Tasha :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These boards are such an awesome idea! I love it! And I love everything you've pinned to them so far :)
    I do have a board, too, but so far it holds random stuff I find interesting or that is dear to me :)

    Have an amazing day, Tasha :D
    Lots of hugs to you,
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tasha these are just fabulous. You amaze me every week with your creativity. Such a visual feast. I found that taking vitamin B and magnesium supplements had the biggest impact on evening out my own anxiety, but making time for crafting would be the next biggest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a nice way to inspire yourself throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha