29/01/2016

Sunsets on the Horizon

Last week there were several beautiful sunrises and sunsets - but it's always the sunsets that captured me eye - there's something comforting about the glow on the horizon as I'm heading home for the weekend, and with the surrounding countryside still without their leaves and flowers, the silhouettes of the hedgerows and trees was beautiful. 


Coming home last Friday we took a detour along the coast near St Bees and beautiful blue skies and fluffy white clouds greeted us. Knowing the entire weekend was stretching out ahead of me was the icing on the cake! 


When those sunsets follow you home and create beautiful pastel colours in the clouds and shine through my windows it's even better. These photos are all from the previous couple of weeks and with these stunning sunsets my yearning for Spring is only heightened!


They're one of the simplest and most common sights in the skies but they're always so different and each one creates stunning colours and views all their own. 

I'm linking up with the wonderful Jen from Pierced Wonderings for Photo Friday!


Have a wonderful weekend!

Tasha
xxx

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty and very peaceful.
    Thank you for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/01/eat-your-greens-fruity-ones.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful and peaceful photographs. You always inspire me to take more photos, even if it's just of the clouds. However my camera is now broken. I am SO upset :(
    It'sMyLife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such varied skyscapes - I love photographing the sky, although I'm the opposite because more of a morning capture kind of girl.

    I love the sky in your last collage where the blue and orange are merging - top right.

    Sharing snapshots at Captured By Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunsets always excite me this time of year, each one happens a little later than the one before, and I can feel spring on its way. These are lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful photos, I love taking photos of sunrises and sunsets :)

    www.katevoneff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Tasha! Happy Friday dear and have a lovely weekend.
    Thanks for the tweet today xx

    Love your new shots. When the sky isn't covered in grey thick clouds, it provides amazing views :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've witnessed some gorgeous skies lately, I need to snap pictures next time! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are gorgeous pictures, Tasha and you're right. It's like each picture has it's own personality... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tasha, I love sunsets too! This year, I have resolved to watch more of them. I have been keeping my resolution since I have been several times to the beach to see the sun go down against the piers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to say how sunsets are pretty darn awesome, but I think I said that already. Really, though, sunsets are my favourite thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love sunsets too and this is a great collection of photos. It's often been sunsets (or sunrises) that have got me through 365 (and 365 days wild!). I'm so looking forward to longer, warmer days though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sunsets are beautiful!!! The way the light is streamed through clouds is never the same! These are beautiful!!!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha