05/02/2016

Leafy Greens

Growing plants from seedlings at home is such a simple and satisfying thing to do, and my Mum is currently growing an avocado seedling on the kitchen windowsill. It's a happy sight to see as you walk into the kitchen - a windowsill of green! 


So far the little seedling is doing fantastically, as you can see and Mum is also growing peppers and has managed to grow a seedling from a few apple pips too! Before we know it we'll need a greenhouse and a bigger garden to house them all. 


I love the different shades of green and yellow on each of the leaves, and when the sun is shining just right, the veins of each leaf stick out in beautiful patterns. The detail is lovely and it's easy to why nature inspires so many different artists at moments like these.



There's something relaxing and comforting about that shade of green and it's exciting knowing you're growing something from scratch too. I really hope this little one continues to grow as well as it has been. 


It's Friday so I'm linking up with the wonderful Jen from Pierced Wonderings for Photo Friday!


Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Tasha
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Your little green friend looks like it's doing well. Plants are so magnificent. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is really exciting! Actually, those things I grew last year that were most successful were from seeds!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good she is growing some plants! My husband is growing peppers too. They are doing pretty good. I am into acquiring some succulents and cacti. They do not require a lot of care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris tried to grow himself an avocado a while back and it didn't go so well. I don't think it could get enough sunlight and he wasn't following the instructions correctly either haha! It cracked and sprouted a little but that was it. We gave up in the end.

    Good luck with growing yourself a garden on the window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started an avocado sprout last summer and it is still going strong! It looks very similar to yours, I am so excited about it. Growing plants is so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are supposed to begin working on flower beds and garden plots this weekend. By early March, we should be sowing a garden. In the meantime, I need to get on the backporch and water things - I've been terribly neglectful this year.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Photo Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha