26/02/2016

Still Waters

If you can cast your minds back to the previous couple of weeks, you may remember the beautiful few evenings which lead to those infamous nacreous clouds appearing! Sadly I didn't have my camera on me that evening and missed the chance to snap a photo of them. That week however there were some lovely sunsets, with calm, clear skies and barely a breeze in the air and thankfully it meant that on several evenings coming home I was greeted by a still, serene sea view to capture!


There was hardly a wave to be seen and the water was so still you could have confused it for one of the great lakes that this part of the country is most famous for. My favourite part about these photos though is that dreamy, pastel hue on the horizon.


It was lovely to spend a few minutes here watching the sky change colour, and it was the most calming way to end my working week. In amongst all of the hustle and bustle of daily life it can be difficult to find the calm among the storm so moments like these are golden indeed!


Sometimes it's good to take a detour on the way home and stop by the beach for a while. The only thing missing from this stretch of the coast is the lovely, sandy beach which you can wander along, farther up the coast at St Bees. Here the pebbles stretch along the coast, but I can imagine it's the perfect place to find some treasures. 


I was particularly enchanted by the way in which the clouds reflected on the water below, and in the distance the sun slowly set, sending golden hues across the clouds above. The only sound was the water gently lapping at the shoreline and the sound of seagulls soaring overhead.

A lovely few moments spent near the seaside before heading home to enjoy the weekend!

It's Friday so I'm linking up with the wonderful Jen from Pierced Wonderings for Photo Friday!


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Tasha
xxx

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Tasha! Love the colours in the sky Zoe | floral and feather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little stolen moments of peacefulness truly are golden. You're reminder to seek them out and appreciate them couldn't have been more timely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are really lovely and serene. I love sunsets over the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you already know I love anything with a bit of sea. These are no exception <3
    It's just good for the soul isn't it?
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had mirror flat seas like that in SCotland in October. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such calming, peaceful scenes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful views!!

    mylifebeingrenewed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking a little detour to enjoy the sky and the sunset sounds like the perfect end to the working day. I should do that more often! Occasionally, when work is particularly frustrating, I like to take a lunch time walk in the sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely. I think we should all take the time more often to look up at the skies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are wonderful views, comforting for the soul!!!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha