23/02/2016

Sunburst Jellyfish

Apologies for being away for a while, things have been a little unsettled in my world recently and taking a breather was a good idea as though I'm not 100% of the way back to where I'd like to be, I'm on my way! 

In my time away from the online world I've become lost in painting once again. It used to be something I did all the time, but somewhere along the way I lost my creative flow for it and am only just now catching up. I've been playing around with both watercolours and acrylic and while I love both, there's definitely something about watercolours that makes me happy.



Jellyfish and sealife in general have always been fun to paint - one of my earlier posts on here featured a squid swimming by a porthole which I did in acrylic, which is here if you're interested.


I love all of the different colours and varieties jellyfish come in, and took inspiration from the lion's mane jellyfish for this particular painting.


I added some splashes of colour as I love that shade, and kept the blue background fairly watered down for an underwater feel. 

I'm linking up with the lovely Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday this week!



Hope you're all doing well!

Tasha
xxx


9 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back, I was wondering where you were :)

    I have some beads here, shell and glass lampwork ones if you would like them. If you do, you could leave your address in the comments on my blog, I always approve them before publishing, so I would just delete the comment and not publish xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My attempts at painting are abstracts that aren't meant to be abstracts! You are way better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, I hope you keep moving towards where you want to be! Unsettled is...unsettling.
    Love the colours in this but mostly I love that you found something to lose yourself in whilst you regrouped!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty!! Hoping you get back to being settled, real soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you again! The jellyfish looks great and it sounds like a great use of your time out from the internet world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Water colour is my favourite painting medium Natasha.. painting can be a so relaxing hope it helps to centre you when you feel anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post to return with. I'd love to have a talent like yours for creative things!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to see you back, and I hope things are looking up for you! Taking a breather is sometimes just the right thing to do, and I'm happy to hear that you took that time to yourself to get going again.

    What a gorgeous jellyfish! What a perfect way to bring yourself back together too!

    Here's to getting back to where you want to be :)

    Take care Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This piece is absolutely darling Tasha! I love how whimsical and fun it seems. The splashes of paint definitely add something magical to your work.

    Hope everything is better!

    xx
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha