06/02/2016

The Favourite Five: Project 365 - January!

Taking part in Project 365 (or is it 366 with it being a leap year this year) again, I thought it would be fun to share my five favourite photos from each month with you all. I was keeping track of this via a   tumblr blog, but with work and general life keeping me busy, I decided to kick that habit and am just sticking with using the original website now. If you're curious to see how I'm doing so far, you can view all of my uploads here, and please let me know if you're also on the website - I'll make sure to follow your project. 

1. Mossy Moments


This solitary piece of moss is growing all by it's lonesome on the garden fence, and the contrast of those earthy greens and browns against the harder, more industrial looking fence was intriguing. I always love seeing lots of greens in the garden!

2. A Touch of Malachite


One of my favourite hobbies is collecting and studying gemstones and fossils (what can I say; you can take the girl out of geology class but you can't take the geology class out of the girl). Malachite is one of my favourites, with that stunningly deep emerald shade and the bands of darker green striking through it - I knew I'd have to feature it in a blog post sooner or later.

3. Sunshine Road


Coming home from work I'm always greeted by a brilliant sunset and on this particular day I managed to finish a couple of hours earlier and got to witness this stunning splash of sunshine!

4. A Flurry of Snow


I was lucky to see just a dusting of snow this January, while the mountains received the majority of it, I was grateful enough for this little smattering and headed out to get some photos, with this one being my favourite. You can just make out the sheep in the background too!


5. Pylons and Skylines


Another week done and another beautiful sunset. The bare hedgerows created some stunning silhouettes and the pylon added something I quite liked in the background. It reminds me of long road-trips travelling to and from my university, when stretches of countryside were all that lay ahead for a good few hours. 

Are you taking part in Project 365 this year?

Hope you all have a wonderful start to the week! 

I'm going to be taking a brief week off from blogging so if you don't see any posts from me or I'm not as interactive as I usually am it's just because I'm a little bit busy and am letting the blog take a back seat. I'll return next week!

Tasha
xxx

14 comments:

  1. Moss makes a good subject for macro shots, so many varieties

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunshine illuminating the road looks truly lovely, what a beautiful scene!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots. I like the macro moss photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice photos you have there!

    trulyfionaa.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. All wonderful in their own right. I have to admit Sunshine Road is my favourite whether because of the subject matter or the angle at which it was taken OR indeed both of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to past the beauty of that malachite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I didn't know you were doing a photo a day challenge too! I can't wait to see your photos from the year! I already love the photos you take and how you always make me see the little things in life that are worth taking a moment to appreciate, so I can't wait to see some more.

    Enjoy your week off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fun and sometimes difficult challenge. Especially in Winter. The moss is my favorite. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The moss is especially cute. Have a good blogging break!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures! Have a great break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos. I can't get on board with the snow though, snow is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always capture the true beauty of any surrounding, I am amazed by how beautiful the emerald gemstone is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha