15/03/2016

Charcoal Mountains

Seeing these so often on the journey to and from work (even if they are off into the distance) it's easy to be inspired by the mountains here. I recently got a hold of some charcoal and having never really used it before, decided it would be a great way to try it out, by creating some stark, angled, mountain-scapes.


Charcoal is great fun to use, it creates these beautiful sharp angles and can soften in places wonderfully as well. I like the way it can be blurred and shaded to create shadows too. I still need to practise on this front as I know there's so much more I can get stuck into with charcoal but I was fairly happy with this as a first attempt!

Have you used charcoal before? Does anyone have any tips for me?

It's Tuesday so I'm linking up with the lovely Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday this week.


Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!

Tasha
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done! Alas I don't have such views where I cycle to walk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I haven't used charcoal since my A level days but it's a fun medium and is pretty effective too - your sketch is really lovely! I used to love it's smudgy quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love charcoal! It is so expressive and smoky!
    Your mountains are beautiful!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha