08/03/2016

Play a happy tune!

It's been a little while since I've done any origami and I was beginning to miss creating those cute, little paper crafts to distribute around my room, so I went online and searched for something new, and internet you did not disappoint! I found this adorable tutorial for an origami piano here and I knew it would be the perfect little craft to get stuck into!


I used a piece of writing paper from a letter set for this one as I liked the pattern and thought it would be an interesting contrast, but you can use any colour you like and they turn out brilliantly! These work great as decorations too as they stand on their own, but if you wanted to, you could leave the keys flat and stick this onto the front of a card as well.


I made the extra little music sheets from some left over scrap paper and just tucked them into the top folds, following the main photo from the original tutorial. I didn't follow any proper music sheet rules, so if there any musicians out there, please forgive me if I've made any huge mistakes - purely decorative! ^_^

I tend to end up doing these in the evenings when I'm looking for something to fill those last few hours before bedtime, and I find origami really relaxing, which is always a plus. I love how these turned out, and I'll probably make a fair few more in different colours as they're so easy and quick to make - I'm currently on the look out for some double-sided origami papers so hopefully I can find one in black and white to make a real mini piano!

Are there any brilliant and cute origami tutorials you've found that would be worth checking out?

It's Tuesday so I'm linking up with the lovely Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday this week.


Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!

Tasha
xxx

7 comments:

  1. That's totally cool! You always find the cutest things to make out of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought straightaway of Schroeder from Snoopy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brilliant. The music sheets was a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I love the attention to detail. I can almost hear the music!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute! I've always been terrible at origami

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so adorable!!! Ha, your music writing isn't too bad!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so cute! I haven't the patience, I can however make a skinned chicken out of a tea towel

    Stacey xxx UnicornFairy.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha