01/03/2016

Underneath the Cherry Tree

I don't think a day has gone by where I haven't been painting over the past fortnight, and I've been most interested in looking at trees recently. I'm trying to improve my technique and learn about watercolours in general, and I was quite pleased with how this cherry tree turned out!



Please ignore my attempt at some bullrushes in the bottom right hand corner of the painting - the water ran and they've become a bit more splodgy than I had intended them to be! I do love the pop of colour that the blossoms create; it's one of my dreams to go to Kyoto in Japan someday and see the cherry blossoms in full bloom! 

Also a big thank you to the Two Uses Tuesday team for featuring me in this week's post - thank you!



Do any of you use watercolours to paint with regularly? Do you have any tips for me?

I'm linking up with the lovely Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday this week.


Hope you've all had a lovely start to the week!

Tasha
xxx

11 comments:

  1. This is really pretty!! I love all the soft tones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty drawing, it looks so dreamy and soft. Cherry trees are great subjects too, they're so beautiful!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's lovely Natasha, you captured the feel of the blossom perfectly. I hope you do get to Japan one day and see the blossoms in full bloom, I wouldn't mind that myself. Looks glorious in pictures but for real I think it would be breathtaking! Although watercolours is my favourite style of painting I usually end up using acrylics. I guess it's just trial and error until you get the technique that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Very soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, I love the pink of the blossom. Barely able to manage a stick man I do envy you your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely painting! Like Tracy above, I'm pleased if I do a passable stickman, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great Tasha! I keep meaning to try watercolour, like the look of the watercolour brush pens you can get

    Stacey xxx unicornfairy.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shall excuse nothing, because it's all great! Gurl, you've got skills I could only wish to have. I've seen my painting skills and they are more splodge than bullrush, that's for sure!

    Also, is that a new header? If it is, I love it, if it's not, let's just pretend that I didn't say anything...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sakura!!!! Beautiful painting. I love the delicacy of cherry Blossom!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha