22/04/2016

Salt, Sand and the Sea

Last weekend with the tide out and the evenings being marginally warmer and lighter now that spring is here, Mum and I went down to the coast to get some photos and take in the sea air. I even dipped my toes in the water and while it was fairly cold, it was exhilarating none the less! Roll on those hazy, summer evenings when walking along the shore at 9pm is possible again.



These rockpools are always my favourite thing about low tide. I've been able to spot many a little seaside creature hiding away among the pebbles here. My favourite spot at this beach was a pipe fish that had found it's way into one of the deeper rock pools along the headland, and was gliding effortlessly around. I thought it was a piece of seaweed at first before it moved!



It was around 5 o'clock in the afternoon, and the light was still in the sky as families walked their dogs along the surf. When I first got to the beach there were two gorgeous ponies trotting along the sand - it was so lovely and reminded me of spring and summer holidays spent volunteering at my local riding stables - I still love that horsey smell today.



St Bee's head is now decorated with flourishes of yellow as the gorse bushes have unfurled their blossoms to welcome in springtime. Seeing the hedgerows lit up with bursts of yellow around this time of year is always a joy.



While it may have been a little overcast, watching the waves roll in is always a tonic for the soul and the sound of the sea always rejuvenates me. There is definitely something to be said for reconnecting with nature when you're feeling low or down, it's always an instant boost!

I'm linking up with the lovely Jen for Photo Friday today.



Hope you've all had a wonderful week, and will have an equally wonderful weekend. 

If not, I'm sending you good vibes!

Tasha
xxx

13 comments:

  1. First of all, the horsey smell you like!?! I thought I was the only one! I always kept it to myself because I thought it was weird, but who cares now haha :) Great photos, I miss the beach, I haven't been to one in nearly 3 years :/ For now I'll just look at your photos and imagine myself in them lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To see a pipe fish in a rock pool would be amazing. The ones at my home beach up in Scotland were always very disappointing, and I frankly suspect that wildlife TV show producers "stock up" the pools before Michaela Strachan begins her rummage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos Tasha, I feel so lucky to live right by the sea, it never fails to make me smile and feel a little bit calmer about life! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about the calming effect of nature, esp the sea!! I always find it restorative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and re your comment, you are welcome- I am sorry that because your blog here doesn't have GFC but Bloglovin, I don't always realise you have posted so that's why I'm often behind as Bloglovin doesn't email me everyone's posts so I miss them sometimes. Have been endeavouring to check to see if you have posted recently!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the things about living in the hills is you don't get to see the sea very often, it certainly has a different wonder too it then the forest does. Thank you for taking me back for a few moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like overcast days at the sea, it add atmosphere to the photos :) I hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The water is very peaceful, but still looks so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always a dream to live near the coast. Amazingly shot.
    New post on my blog . Do drop by soon <3
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first photograph takes me back to my school days when we went to the beach to study the inhabitants of the rockpools.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cozy feel of these photos Tasha! They truly make me feel like wearing a cardigan, drinking tea and reading books for some reason :) quite nice actually. It truly changed my mood in such a good way!
    Jade xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I just love that you mentioned nighttime walks along the beach during summertime - I share such lovely thoughts of the season... it can't come soon enough, right?! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The seaside is the best place for contemplating and exploring! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha