29/04/2016

Seaside Sunshine

I've been spending a lot of time near the seaside recently. I'm probably being too optimistic by heading straight for the sea as soon as the sun comes out, but I am longing for those seaside walks in the summer again, and while I know it's still a good few months away, a girl can dream!

 So when last Friday rolled around and the sun was still shining away at half 7 in the evening, Mum and I took a quick wander out and managed to spot some adorable lambs and a stunning sunset too. It was a nice end to a somewhat difficult week, so I was glad to see these scenes.


The lambs in this field were all huddled together, jumping, playing and gambolling about. It was too cute not to stop and watch them for a while, and while they were too energetic for my camera to focus on, I did manage to get this shot looking over towards St Bees' head.


As we headed home the sun began to set, and while the clouds drifted lazily over, the last few rays peered through, creating these stunning shapes. There are a couple of roads and pathways which cut through the countryside, as opposed to just using the main road back into Whitehaven, the neighbouring town, and these often mean you get some great views looking down over the countryside.


It was a beautiful sunset and a lovely, warm evening, even though there was a cool breeze in the air. Still a bit too chilly for padding at St Bees yet, but I still dipped my toes in the cold water! The mountains in the distance were bathed in sunshine as we headed home, and the daffodils still hanging around along the roadsides were bright yellow as the sun went down.


The sea was calm and still just like it was a good few weeks ago, and there was a red hue on the horizon as the sun continued to set. I'm always looking at the clouds and there were so many different shapes and shades this afternoon, as there often are.


Finishing the day with the sunshine streaming into the car with my headphones in as we travelled home. Bliss! If all evenings ended this way, I'd be a happy bunny indeed.

I'm linking up with the lovely Jen for Photo Friday today!



Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Tasha
xxx

14 comments:

  1. How wonderful, I always find the sea so calming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful way to have ended your week! Like you, I'm really looking forward to warm seaside walks with an ice cream in hand :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you have to escape into nature. What lovely photos!
    This is something I should do more often.

    Jenna
    xxx
    | princessparasox.wordpress.com | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you have to escape into nature. What lovely photos!
    This is something I should do more often.

    Jenna
    xxx
    | princessparasox.wordpress.com | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow your pics are really wonderful.
    Now I am following you in GFC #126 I hope your follow me back
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gambolling is a super word!! Especially when used in the context of lambs!!! The pics of St Bees are beautiful!!! I hope you get your paddle soon!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paddling at St Bees was freezing in high summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This certainly looks like the perfect end to a day. Lovely photos! I just love those lambs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos Tasha. I feel like unexpected walks, trips or other activities tend to turn memorable. You weren't expecting a lot and look at the sunset you got to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post makes me want to live close to a beach so bad. And to have a camera to capture it all! I found the cutest lambs on my walk the other day (it's on my insta), I was so surprised I was able to get a good snap of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning photos Tasha! look at that sunset!!!!!!!! It's incredibly beautiful! Thank you for sharing! I love how you ended this post! I can imagine all the feels that you might have felt when going back home <3 "The sunset streaming into the car" Oh Tasha, such beautiful words!
    Jade xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so beautiful! I'm so glad the weather is turning and becoming more pleasant. I would have definitely stopped to see the adorable lambs too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me wish i were beside the seaside! I'm off to Swansea in a couple of weeks to see my friend so hopefully I'll catch some seaside air soon! Your pics are every so lovely Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's hard not to think of the sea when the sun starts shining, if I lived closer and could make the most of going every time the sun came out, I totally would!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha