01/04/2016

Sunshine Flowers

If I had to pick a favourite flower it would be a tricky one to answer as there are so many beautiful blooms out there that can't be matched, but, I do have a very special place in my heart for daffodils. There's something lovely about them and with it being spring (which I may have mentioned a few times here - I can't help it, I just love spring!) it seems wrong not to feature these sunshine flowers here!


While it could just be their sunny colour and pretty, trumpet shaped petals, I find them endearing and a true sign of spring if there ever was one!


I currently have two different types sat on my desk. One, some cuttings sitting in a vase of water and the other, a mini daffodil plant - which, when big enough, I'm hoping I can plant in the garden in the hopes that the bulbs will return new flowers again the following year.

Yay spring!



While the roadsides are covered in these yellow beauties at the moment, I do miss wandering along the country lane that lead to our previous home, so as soon as there is another sunny day I intend to go adventuring back down that way in the hopes of seeing all of the other lovely spring flora that adorned the hedgerows last year. 

Linking up with the lovely Jen for Photo Friday today.



Have a great weekend!

Tasha
xxx

15 comments:

  1. I love Daffodils! I miss them a lot, we just don't have as many here and when we do, they aren't the right one, you know, the daffodil daffodils, it's the ones that aren't quite yellow enough or big enough. I know nothing about flowers so that description was probably the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daffodils and crocuses are two of my favorite flowers, perhaps because it signals the end of winter. Your photos are lovely, Tasha.
    Hope you'll come visit at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-endless-variety-of-orchids.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What bright and cheery and gorgeous flowers! I always love to see these signs of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good spring for them. We had a teacher who always ended up eating one during assemblies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daffodils are just the most spring-like flowers aren't they :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree it's impossible to pick just one flower, though I've no doubt daffodils rank highly for us all thanks to the season they represent! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing daffodils by the roadside. Cheery reminders that summer is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daffodils are a sure fire sign that spring is here.. Although they did seem to come about a little early here in Wales. The pictures you've shared are just lovely; the variety of shots is great. I actually shared a daffodil this week too!

    Sharing snapshots at Captured By Jade

    ReplyDelete
  9. The yellow beauties <3
    They are truly interesting looking, one of a kind and beautiful. Blooming flowers are life!! Really enjoying these snaps Tasha ❤️
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice photos Tasha! The flower is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, my favourite flowers of all time

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring flowers are so beautiful :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH Tasha, these are beautiful!! I really love them. They are one of my favourite flowers too. YOU have to love daffodils as you live in the lake district!! Isn't that what inspired Wordsworth to write his famous poem!??

    And Zoe at www.splodzblogz.co.uk is doing a weekly photo challenge and her prompt this week is blooms- so you should add her link and join in!x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's also because they are pert and proud and almost seem to have a personality.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't daffodils just so beautiful, I love them x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha