12/04/2016

Wonderful Waxwings

I'm a big fan of botanical art, and as I've been practising my drawing skills and learning new techniques as a way to stave off anxiety, I've found myself becoming more and more relaxed with each time I pick up a pencil or paintbrush. So last weekend I found a gorgeous photo of a cedar waxwing and knew, at once, that I had to try my hand at this lovely bird!


I love the crests that waxwings have and the cedar species has a lovely, light green colour to their plumage. I haven't added any colour yet to this as I do like it as it is, but I may try out my watercolours on this at a later date.


I'm working at adding finer details to these drawings, such as on the branches and with the birds' feet - this is definitely something I need to practise, but it's fun and therapeutic so I'm not complaining!


I'm hoping to keep this up and draw/paint something new at least once a week so hopefully a couple of months from now I'll have a little collection of creations!

Linking up with the lovely Stella and Sarah this week for Two Uses Tuesday.


Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!

Tasha
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Awwe your drawing skill is getting better Tasha! Definitely want to see it with splashes of colors next time. Great drawing! :)

    trulyfionaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is definitely recognisable and absolutely gorgeous. I would frame this and put it on my wall. I don't say that lightly as only one painting has made it up on my walls to date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Spain: I really like your drawings. Very inspiring. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's brilliant! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see it with some colour! I'm thoroughly enjoying reading about your creative journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so beautiful Tasha!!! You are very good at drawing and I'm glad it is relaxing you. I find the same when I draw. I'm in the car on my way to Manchester and wishing I'd bought paper and a pad!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Tasha! I love this one! Really nice!!!!!!
    Jade xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha