17/05/2016

Calming Chameleons

Most of you will probably have realised by now that I have a thing for wildlife and that often spills over into other areas of my life, especially my downtime, when I'm looking for inspiration to create something new and colourful to keep myself relaxed and encourage the creative juices to flow! This time around I stumbled upon a gorgeous photo of a male four horned chameleon and knew instantly I had to re-create him using some watercolours!


About an hour later and here is the finished piece. I simply sketched out the body and added in some details before applying the paint. I used a mixture of greens and blues for his overall body, as well as some oranges and browns to give depth and colour along the twig on his claws, to create some more 'realistic' looks for this guy. 

I'm getting prehistoric vibes from this chameleon - I think it's the ridges along the tail and the armour like horn on the top of the nose - they're just so cool to look at, and this hasn't deterred me in any way from a life-long dream of having my very own pet chameleon.

I'm linking up with both Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday this week.


I hope you've all had a lovely start to the week and here's hoping this tropical chameleon helps if not!

Tasha
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant drawing of a great animal! Definitely prehistoric looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, very nice! Funnily enough, I keep finding myself drawn to works of watercolours lately - I even shared a watercolour painting from an artist on Twitter today haha! Great work, Tasha :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh you make me so sad I wasn't blessed with an artistic bone in my body! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture! You are very talented, great use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow , that's a neat sketch . I love them but from distance only haha.
    New post on my blog . Do drop by soon <3
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT IS BRILLIANT! I adore lizards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha