11/05/2016

Joys To Come


Lesser celandine is one of my favourite flowers, and I had no idea that this was also Wordsworth's favourite until I read about it on the Plantlife website here. I also love the other fact on there about it symbolising "Joys to come" in the Language of Flowers. It's one of those sunny blooms that always makes me smile, just like the daffodil, but there is something so pretty and delicate about it's petals - very reminiscent of buttercups to me, and I believe they're in the same flowering family - but always a joy to spot. These little ones had anchored themselves in the stone steps at Bassenthwaite Lake.

I'm linking up with Sue for Wordless Wednesday today.


Hope you're all enjoying your week so far!

Tasha
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Ah, that's beautiful flower. And I LOVE your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and delicate.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-cats-of-san-juan.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at blogs, there's a lot of them still around, but they are mostly over here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I've just finished a book titled The Language Of Flowers where I as gutted to learn the yellow carnations of my wedding bouquet symbolised disdain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw they're so pretty! I love the meaning of them as well!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah ha! That's what all those little yellow flowers I see around here are called. Or at least I think so comparing this photo to what's in my mind. I'm going to have to get a photo of the yellow flowers to compare them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw some of those recently! So pretty! Oooh, Ewhat is that poem- I must read it as I recently memorised Daffodils!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha