21/05/2016

The Disney Era Tag - The Golden Era!

The lovely Jamie from Once Upon a Blog has tagged me in her latest post to answer the questions in the Disney Era Tag - The Golden Era! Yay for Disney tags! I've not been tagged in this one before so I'm excited to answer the questions, and of all of Disney's eras this is probably the on which makes me the most nostalgic. So without further ado here are my answers! 

Disney's Golden Era consists of the films: Snow White, Fantasia, Pinocchio, Bambi and Dumbo.

1. Any unseen films?

No, I'm happy to say I've seen all of the films mentioned above!

2. What is your favourite film of the era?

This is a tricky one, but it's probably Fantasia. The combination of both animation and music was just  amazing to see, and I remember being completely enchanted by it from a very young age. I also love the entire sequence for Symphony No. 6 - Pastoral - OP. 68, I Allegro Ma Non Troppo, featuring the pegasus' and the centaurs, as a kid, watching that scene was like being able to live in one of my childhood fantasy worlds.

3. What is your least favourite film of the era?


I like them all but if I had to pick one it would probably be Pinocchio (sorry!) As a child I was terrified by the scene at the circus where all of the boys began turning into donkeys and for a while I didn't like watching it because of that whole scene!

4. Who is your favourite main character?

I have a very big soft spot for Dumbo, he's just adorable.

5. Who is your favourite villain?

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...

I think the Evil Queen takes it here. Completely ruthless and so menacing when she's transformed, she's one of those villains that's genuinely terrifying just because of the lengths she'll go to to destroy Snow White. I think the Evil Queen has some of the greatest and most memorable lines too, and as soon as you hear them referenced anywhere, you're instantly transported back to that world!

6. Who is your favourite sidekick?


This was drawn for me by my very talented friend Helen.

It has to be Thumper! Another character that has some brilliant lines and is just adorable alongside Bambi. I love his fun-loving nature and that loyalty, along with Flower as the three of them grow is just lovely, he's just too cute!

7. What is your favourite song of the era?

It may not strictly fit into this category but the entirety of The Nutcracker Suite - it's just beautiful and the animators created such wonderful pieces of animation to accompany it. I love it!

8. What do you consider to be the most underrated film of the era?

I think Fantasia is still very underrated. In terms of how big a challenge that film must have been for the studio, and with all of the different elements involved, it's just amazing to watch, and a true masterpiece, and still to this day, one of my all time favourites. Blending classical music with animations was a genius idea, and it brought something new to the music as well.

9. What is your favourite thing about this era?

The sense of innocence, and the animation. It's so nice to see the evolution of animation, and with each new film something amazing comes along, but the hand-drawn traditional style will always be my favourite. It just brought something lovely and timeless to the characters - especially the backgrounds and the scenery - it must have been painstaking work but well worth it!

10. What is your least favourite thing about this era?

It's a hard one to answer as I don't specifically have  a least favourite thing, but I agree with Jamie on her answers. It's a shame these films didn't do as well when they were first released as they're all so unique and lovely in their own way.

A big thank you to Jamie for tagging me and if anyone else wants to give these a go, feel free! You can also see Jamie's answers on her blog, so make sure to go and say hi.

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! I may take another brief hiatus next week as it's set to be a busy one but if I can get a couple of posts out I shall try my best!

Tasha
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Cute drawing by your friend.

    Have to say Disney has always been way to squeaky voiced sappy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of the films listed...I think Bambi will always be my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice! I have always loved Thumper, he was just the cutest. I really need to purchase the Thumper tsum tsum! SO SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thumper has always been on of my favorites :) I was never a big fan of Pinocchio either, puppets have always freaked me out..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow White was my favourite, because it had costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Fantasy too! Very lovely tag
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinocchio is probably my least favourite of the films and funnily enough, I agree with your favourite villain too haha! What a fun post!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely thing to be tagged with. I've seen all these films but it was so long ago I can't remember most of them. I have the Bambi book (somewhere) and I did love Thumper.
    It's got me thinking that I need to see them all, to refresh my memory...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic, not to mention, nostalgic tag. I loved your answers which I'm sure I couldn't have answered nearly as well.

    Talking of tags, thanks again for including me in your Sisterhood Of The World tag. You can find my reply here at http://pettywitter.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/awards-and-tags-making-come-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is delightful! OH MY, YESSSSS about the donkeys! Me too!!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha