12/06/2016

30 Days Wild: Days 6 - 12

Another week of 30 Days Wild is done and I can't believe how quickly this is going already! I was struck down by a summer cold throughout most of this past week, so in-between resting and recuperating I've been snatching as many wild moments as I possibly can, to ensure I don't miss a day, and so far I've managed to stick to my schedule, hooray!

This week has felt very floral and very yellow, but that's in no way a bad thing - I love yellow, and I love flowers, so no complaints from me! I'm hoping next week / weekend to get out a little further afield and hopefully get some more wildlife shots as I feel I'm lacking slightly on the animals / insects front, but I have managed to spend some more time just watching the birds and following bees and butterflies around the garden, but I must remember to make sure I have my camera with me next time.

Here are my 30 Days Wild entries for days 6 through to 12.



 More beautiful wild poppies have begun to grow in the front garden, with this one bringing some lovely, bright sunshine yellow to the borders. Our neighbour has a nice patch of these growing in the borders of his garden so I have a theory they've been 'blown' across to our garden.




My Mum planted these fried egg flowers earlier in the year and on this day the first of them had just bloomed and they're so pretty!




More yellow flowers with these creeping buttercups standing on slightly longer stems, which are currently growing along the verges of our garden. 



I tried flower pressing today using some cuttings of a cuckoo flower that was just beginning to wilt. Loved the outcome of this and felt I had to store it away amongst the pages of an old wild flower guide I found at an antique book shop.


I followed this little red tailed bumblebee for a while this afternoon. This one spent a good while flitting amongst the clovers, looking for nectar.



Feeding the birds this morning and I managed to grab a few shots of the lovely and inquisitive jackdaws that often visit. A rook has recently joined the group but I've yet to get a decent photo of him, he's too quick!



Mum's strawberries are just beginning to show on the plants in the garden but my eyes were instantly drawn to the pretty and dainty flowers blooming amongst them - I love the yellow against white! 

If you're still taking part, how did you spend your wild week?

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoy the week ahead!

Tasha
xxx

6 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful in the human BENECOR loving flowers. She has a beautiful heart. Fluttering like butterfly wings. That's you. Fortunately there are people like you in this world who love nature. Good thing you have. God bless you loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fried egg flowers? Lol I had no idea there was such a thing until just now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers are so easy aren't though, I often find myself falling back on flowers! I love your flower pressing and that you found a perfect book to store it in!

    I've squeezed in a trip to the coast for some rock pooling which was great but I got a sunburnt head and a bit on sun stroke I think so came home shattered and have gone into a new busy week feeling like I never had a weekend! Oh if only I could retire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yellow theme accidentally going on here! I'm all for yellow flowers, they are like little suns in the grass! Corny, much. I shall leave now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jackdaw is just stunning - looks a little fat too, maybe its a girl preparing some eggs? That poor sweet little flower that is ever so pretty really didn't get the best of names did she with 'fried egg'?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jackdaw is just stunning - looks a little fat too, maybe its a girl preparing some eggs? That poor sweet little flower that is ever so pretty really didn't get the best of names did she with 'fried egg'?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha