07/06/2016

Copper & Yellow

With June being the month of 30 Days Wild I thought it would be a good idea for the next few Two Uses Tuesday posts to be wildlife-centric, which I know won't be too hard as I often end up creating something inspired by nature, but it's a challenge I wanted to set myself for this time around, so for this week's post I decided to sketch out a little tortoiseshell butterfly and try to emulate their pretty colouring. 


I love the mixture of oranges and yellows and I tried to blend it all in as much as I could, but I think this one turned out quite well. The next challenge will be to capture this kind of look using some watercolours! This time around I just drew the butterfly outline free-hand and added in all of the details using some colouring pencils. 


I'm linking up with the lovely Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday this week, and a big extra thank you to them for featuring me in this week's round-up, which you can view here!


Have a lovely start to the week!

Tasha

xxx

4 comments:

  1. So cool congratz for the featurette c:
    I had my artwork featured at Rookie magazine recently and it was my first feature. best feeling ever. Good luck for your future features ;>
    x
    http://diaryofseresha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of trying to make and pain butterflies as a small child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic piece of artwork :) I love photographing Small Tortoiseshell butterflies, we get a few in my garden every summer. They are a gorgeous species; I especially love the blue bit on the edge of their wings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It is exquisite!! I am planning to do the same for 30days wild too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha