28/06/2016

Happy Hornbills!

I've been doodling again this week in-between starting to get better, and my latest fascination has been with tropical birds, most recently hornbills, and in particular the great hornbill which is a dream if you like your birds bright and colourful! 

This one is another quick doodle / sketch just to keep me going but I loved adding colour to this one. They're such pretty birds, and if you're interested in finding out some more about them then BirdLife have an in-depth factsheet here


I sketched out the overall outline before adding in some detail and then finally shading the bird. The two main colours are black and yellow with some hints of orange and red, particularly around the eye (which is why it's quite dark against the black!) and underneath the bill and over the top of the beak. 

I think I'll do this one again at some point and fill in the colouring with some watercolours next time just to see the difference in shading and to make that eye 'pop' a bit more, but I am happy with how this little doodle turned out.

I'm linking up with the lovely Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday this week.



Have a lovely day!

Tasha
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Pretty? They are bloody frightening I always think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hornbills are so neat! Great drawing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a talent!! You need to start doing some canvases or something and sell them.


    Danielle xo
    www.underlandtowonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Although don't mess with those beaks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha