17/06/2016

Sunshine Valleys & Dazzling Lakes

A couple of weeks ago I took my camera with me to Buttermere while the first few rays of sun were just beginning to bathe Cumbria in their warm glow, and I was not disappointed! At this time of year Buttermere is as beautiful as it ever is, but with the sun shining and the skies as blue as anything, it makes all the difference and it's easy to see why the area is such a draw for those visiting while on holiday. 

I have to apologise as well, as these photos are actually quite late and should have been up on this blog a good couple of weeks ago, but then it's better late than never, and with the long, sunny days we've been having up here in Cumbria it feels like a good time to finally get these up on the blog!


The lake at Buttermere is one of my favourites in the whole of Cumbria, and the reflection of the fells alongside it are a joy to see on a sunny day. There were several families who'd parked up and pulled out a picnic to have, with the kids paddling at the edge of the shoreline - I definitely need to this over the summer!


On the way to Buttermere we passed through Newland's valley and the trees were in full bloom, their green buds either just about to unfurl or on the way to it! It's lovely to see the green buds against a bright, blue sky with the mountains in the background and several people stopped to get photos along the way.


Love that sunshine! Driving along this pass is always so relaxing, especially with the sun shining. If I could freeze a moment in time and live in it, this would be it!


The mountains were covered in sheep who were all happily grazing along the roadside while the sun was shining, and I couldn't resist stopping to get some photos! This lovely swaledale stopped to baa at me before going back to eating.


Herdwick's were out as well, and this mum had her adorable little lamb with her - too cute!


If you ever find yourself in the area and are looking for a good place to visit on a hot, summer's day, definitely check out Buttermere and Newland's Pass, it's so worth it when the sun is out!

I'm linking up with the lovely Jen for Photo Friday today.


Have an amazing weekend all!

Tasha
xxx

10 comments:

  1. I've never been to this part of the country and I don't know why! Looks completely stunning!

    Gorgeous photos as always Tash
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have known those gorgeous pics weren't taken yesterday...I was thinking "How the hell she find weather like that!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, such stunning pictures.

    I always feel so lucky to live in this part of the country as though living in the suburbs of a large city we have not only a great coastline but also terrific countryside all within a comfortable driving distance of four hours or less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in Cumbria last year and the scenery is magnificent. You live in an enchanted corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this place looks super cute darling
    Thanks for share so amazing pics
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos and I've enjoyed seeing blue skies and sunshine - it's been damp and dull and grey here for a whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a picturesque countryside! And the sheep are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these photos! Green nature and bright blue skies are some of my favourite photos to take. I love taking photos in the bright sunshine. This makes me excited for when we can move back to the UK for some time so I can explore more of the British countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos - what a beautiful place!
    Those sheep are adorable and I'm really impressed with how close they let you get.

    Jenna
    xxx
    | princessparasox.wordpress.com | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos - what a beautiful place!
    Those sheep are adorable and I'm really impressed with how close they let you get.

    Jenna
    xxx
    | princessparasox.wordpress.com | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha