10/06/2016

Workington Hall: In Bloom

Last Friday I shared with you the impressive and interesting ruins of Workington Hall, and this week I want to show you the rest of the grounds. Covered in flowering bushes and trees and filled with dog walkers (which included an adorable akita - called Rudi -  which a young couple were walking that came over to say hello) it's definitely a place I'll be visiting more often.


Beautiful, bright pink rhododendrons were everywhere, accompanied by these deep green, speckled bushes and pretty bursts of hawthorn. 


Wandering around the grounds each and every corner revealed more blossoming trees and bushes, one of which had the golden coloured flowers in the centre of the collage above, as well as more rhododendrons and those very aesthetically pleasing green leaves!


With the sun shining down above, looking up towards the canopy where the taller trees were growing was a real treat for the eyes (and for anyone with a camera in their hands) as the sunlight was filtered down it was both cool and warm, with just the right amount of shade. I've always found this shade of green calming so I couldn't resist taking as many photos as my camera would allow!


And finally some more of those gorgeous rhododendrons - I never get tired of looking at them. There's something tropical about them in their colouring and the pretty, spear shaped leaves underneath propping them up like little bouquets is so pretty. There were plenty of bumblebees drinking from these flowers but my camera wasn't quite quick enough to capture them!

I'm linking up with the lovely Jen for Photo Friday today.


Have a brilliant weekend!

Tasha
xxx

6 comments:

  1. That's some awesome shots . U take some very creative picture must say .
    New post on my blog . Do drop by soon <3
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super beautiful flowers. This is one of my favourite colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rhododendrons! We just bought one for our backyard, but it is so tiny. The speckled leaves are really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful! I always find it so cool and amazing to see flowers especially in our garden. Like I'm waiting for them to bloom every season :D -Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place for finding beauty! Great photos of some wonderful blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this time of the year! These photos just make me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha