26/07/2016

Sultry Summer Sunrise

It feels like I've been away from my blog for much longer than just a fortnight, but things have taken a bit of an unexpected turn in my world in terms of work recently and I've been feeling quite low, but hopefully it won't last long and things will brighten up. 

I have to keep reminding myself that there are lots of good things to look forward to (like my birthday tomorrow - yippee!), and I've been keeping myself busy by painting a lot this past week, and knew I had to share this particular canvas with you all, especially with the very recent hot summer days we've been having.


(Apologies for the glare in these photos - taking these at night time was probably a bad idea, but it does show up the colours nicely, so I can't complain.)

Nature is a big influence on me whenever I pick up a paintbrush and I've been admiring lots of photos of mountains and deserts recently, which inspired this. I was going for a sunrise overlooking a mountainscape, with mist capping the peaks as they often do around my parts of the world when it's early in the morning. 


The colour scheme was inspired by tropical sunrises, which often end up with those beautiful hues of orange and amber, which I think are always so pretty. I added in the red and magenta shades however to give it that sultry feel as it was so hot here last Monday, and I couldn't get sultry summer evenings and mornings out of my mind, although I know the famous saying, red sky in the morning usually heralds bad weather, I just think these shades go well together.

(Impromptu rhyming in that last paragraph was not intended!)

I'm really happy with how this canvas turned out, and I'm currently using this as room decor to give my room a more tropical / summer feel as the mini heatwave we've had has got me yearning for a holiday off somewhere tropical! 

I'm currently working on a kelp forest mini canvas / acrylic sketch and I've got aspirations to try my hand at this origami piece one day (I've tried once and failed!) because it just looks so cool.

I'm linking up with the lovely Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday today. 


How have you all been? How is your week going so far?

Tasha

xxx

3 comments:

  1. I hope things take another turn for the better! Oh and Danielle tells me today is your birthday, so happy birthday to you!! I hope you have a great day!

    Damn, I clearly wrote that comment before reading the whole post, where you mention your birthday...

    I love all the summer feels that come out of that canvas! Gorgeous work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 I hope it turns out to be a great day for you!
    Really like the canvas! I had been missing your posts and checked in to make sure they just weren't missing getting into my feed :)

    Sorry to hear thungs have been tough on the work front. I hope they take another turn again soon, this time in a better direction!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. The canvas is so gorgeous! You are clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha