26/08/2016

A Floral Arrangement

With the sun being here in the Lake District for most of the week (despite a few showers) I've been spending a lot of time, surrounded by flowers. I think these photos speak volumes for what summer truly means to me; flowers, sunshine, buzzing bees, plants flourishing, lots of colour and those sunsets that last long into the evening!

So I hope you enjoy these garden moments (and a couple of indoor flowers too) from the past few weeks. 


Candy stripe cosmos, sunflowers and common carder bee on the stonecrop flowers.


These candy stripe cosmos my Mum planted have been blooming wonderfully for about a month now and while not all of them present with the darker stripes, they're all equally beautiful and have been welcomed in by the bees and other flying insects which are often resting on the petals or collecting nectar from the bright yellow centres.


Stonecrop and a honeybee inside the fuchsia flowers.


I spent quite a bit of time watching this carder bumblebee collecting nectar from the stonecrop and it was relaxing just watching him go about his day. The stonecrop is one of the rockery style plants that was here before we moved in and had bloomed beautifully both this summer and last. I love the bright pink flowers and the leaves look just like a cactus when there are no flowers left, so it ticks all the boxes for me!


Candy stripe cosmos, fuchsias during the sunset and one of Mum's candyfloss poppies which is growing on the windowsill.


And to finish this post off with, another shot of the stonecrop in the sunshine. 

I'm linking up with the lovely Jen for Photo Friday today.


Have a wonderful weekend!

Tasha
xxx

15 comments:

  1. I love flower photos! These ones are so stunning! #photofriday

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful colours in all these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super shots of the bees enjoying those flowers as much as you.! The sunshine this week was so needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, then honeybee - how sweet! I will never grow tired of flower photography :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pics really show the details of each flower, and the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are so beautiful! Nice shots ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful images, I am really looking forward to
    Spring in Oz. It's my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me want to got and hunt blooms to photograph. My favourite has to be the one with the bee. Love the shininess of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a colourful floral party. U didn.t miss any colour did u ? love ur photos as always.
    New post on my blog . Do drop by soon <3
    ✿thefashionflite

    ReplyDelete
  10. These flowers are so beautiful omg


    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the photos are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy all this wonderful floral splendour - fall is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha