17/08/2016

Precious Gems!



For my birthday I went down to Ambleside and visited the Rock Shop there, which has to be one of my favourite shops in the whole of Cumbria, and with it being my birthday, I did spend a little bit of money, and came away with these treasures. 

The top, dark green rock is verdite, the orange rock is crackle quartz which has been dipped and dyed to create that colour, and the final rock is called dragon's egg which I just thought was very cool, and I love the marbled appearance! I also got a green aventurine ring which you can see a photo of  here on my 365 Project and a small carved soap stone bear which will probably be featured on here at some point as well. 

Linking up with Sue for (Almost) Wordless Wednesday.


Hope you're all well!

Tasha
xxx

11 comments:

  1. How lovely. along with books and candles, crystals are my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where my gems all are, I used to have a fair few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I love Rose Quartz and always seem to pick up a piece in a rock shop! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!
    Do you have some sort of case you use to display your collection?

    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/08/sweetheart-in-sepia.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! I used to have a small gem collection but thing I got rid of them as I grew up. Now I want them again haha. I have only two tiny gems at the moment, one a close friend gave to me when I was going through a rough time, and the other my boyfriend found in his pocket somehow! I don't know where there are rock shops near me though :/ I'll have to hunt one down...

    Amber Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always like looking at the gems in natural history museums, but I don't know too much about them, I just like all the colours :)

    I love the orange one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an after thought, I'd love to see your whole gem collection!

      Delete
  7. They are lovely stones and you are a lovely lady, my dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is crazy - I used to visit this rock shop (with the spiralled staircase?) whenever visiting Ambleside as a child! In fact, I plan on checking it out again after all these years when I'm next there in a couple of weeks from now! Also, Dragon's Egg is my favourite out of your trio :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love gemstones, I have a small collection of tumbled stones and oodles of drilled beads for jewellery making xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snap of the gemstone within these idea which is really impressive and interesting to know about. Kalpana Srikaanth astrologer | Best astrology consultant in Coimbatore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha