21/09/2016

Dappled Light


A couple of weeks ago now, I was down near the church in Maryport, along the coast here in West Cumbria, and the church yard was looking really pretty, bathed in dappled sunlight during a very warm late August afternoon. I loved the shadow and patterns created by the trees on this particular headstone, and knew I had to get a photo. Even though it's September and autumn is practically on our doorsteps, the tiniest flash of sunshine is still very welcome.

I'm linking up with the lovely Sue for (Almost) Wordless Wednesday. 


Hope you're all having a wonderful day so far!

Tasha

xxx

6 comments:

  1. The contrast of the shadows and stone are, indeed, wonderful.
    Thanks for linking at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-man-in-moon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo as always. Its so nice to see a grave so well tended. It makes me so sad to see these old stones overgrown and un-cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo & we are enjoying sunny spells too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this type of dappled light-play.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this kind of light too, lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day for late September. The shadow really looked like it belonged there! 😊x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha