20/09/2016

Elegant Egrets

I've found that taking brief breaks from the blogging world every now and again is really refreshing, and after another fortnight away from the blog, I feel really relaxed and have been able to focus on some things going on in my life right now, but I'm ready to come back and catch up with everyone, so I hope you've all been well and I promise I'll get around to leave comments on everyone's blogs as soon as I can.

While I've been away I've been doing lots of drawing and painting, as well as some more autumnal crafts and with the onset of October (can you believe it's a whole fortnight away now?!) I've already got my Halloween crafter mindset on and am excited to get creating! In the meantime, I've been practising my sketching skills and I'm a little obsessed with egrets at the moment; their plumage is just so pretty! So when I sat down to draw last week, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.


They're such elegant birds, and my favourite thing about them is their characteristic plumage which extends from the tops of their heads - makes them look very flash I think!

(I also love the fact the little green butterfly - which is already printed on the paper - fits into the page so well!)


These kinds of quick sketches are really fun to do as I find them both relaxing and it's another way to practise new skills and eventually get better, as many people say, the more you do something, the better you get at it!

I'm linking up with the lovely Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday this week. 


I hope you've all been well and had a good start to the week!

Tasha

xxx

8 comments:

  1. Your drawings are so beautiful Tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! Looks quite Japanese in style :) C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I agree, breaks can be super refreshing, I always find that I come back with all kinds of inspiration! That is such a lovely drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful sketch. Love that tiny hint of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great! Your art is really beautiful and I can see how nicely it has developed here on your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a total dud when it comes to drawing so I very much admire your skill. Back in the days before everyone carried a camera (or two, or three) and we carried field notebooks and made sketches, I was hard pressed to come up with a stick bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That butterfly really did look like it belonged! I totally thought you had added it for a pop of colour! Your sketch is beautiful! I always wished I was a better artist when it comes to drawing and sketching but maybe one day I'll get the hang of it!

    Just getting all caught up now! My health has been a bit of a tempest these past few weeks and taking up a lot of my attention. This was a lovely post to jump back in with :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha