04/10/2016

Origami Pumpkins!

October has arrived and for the rest of this month I'll be sharing with you all of my attempts at anything and everything Halloween related to keep myself entertained and creative over the month ahead. I also thought it would be a good way to share some of my favourite Halloween themed DIYS in the run up to the 31st if you're looking for something to do or ideas for a party / room decor throughout October.

So as soon as I saw this little origami pumpkin I knew I had to make a few to scatter around my room and pin to my walls!


I followed the instruction in this video here which is fairly straight forward, and once you've folded this it stands up on it's own, or the black flap can be folded back up so you can pin it to the wall, or hang it up, depending on where you'd like your pumpkin.

I also stuck googly eyes to one of my pebbles to make me smile, and it does. I also thought it was quite fitting for the Halloween theme too.


(Beware of Zombies wooden sign comes courtesy of my friend and it always comes out come Halloween.)

Luckily I had some orange paper on hand but you can make these in black, green, purple or any colour you like, and then attach them to some twine / string to make a garland to hang across a wall if you're looking for a quick way to decorate. I also really like any type of origami as it's a great way to use up any leftover paper / card, and I am slowly but surely working my way through my stash of crafting bits and pieces; so much so that I'll have to go supply shopping soon!

I'm linking up with both Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday today.


Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!

Tasha
xxx

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of making a garland out of them, their so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy pebble! The origami is funky!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm excited to see all the creative things you come up with for Halloween! The pumpkins are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha