05/10/2016

That Autumnal Feeling


As the nights draw in and the chill of autumn starts to creep slowly across the land, my mind turns automatically to anything and everything rustic, warm and comforting. Even if you aren't a fan of this time of the year, I do find a comfort in the way the natural world changes over the colder seasons, and the arrival of conkers, acorn shells and pine cones is just one of them! These pine cones and my lone conker came from a very good friend of mine and they always come out to decorate my shelf with.

(A very similar photo also features in my Project 365, but I actually prefer this shot as you can't see my candle dish in the background!)

I'm linking up with Sue for (Almost) Wordless Wednesday today.


Hope you've all had a good Wednesday!

Tasha
xxx

11 comments:

  1. I love going on a nature treasure hunt this time of year for acorns, chestnuts and cones too! They make a pretty collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year. It's kind of weird transitional weather right now though right? Cold in the mornings and then turning mild in the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me think of scavender hunts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. changes in October ways to ponder on the simple process of short life time which must not be make difficult with negative attitude .
    best wishes for your fall dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy all the changes in Autumn, although as usual, the season will come and go before I have any photos of it because I'm too slow haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite time of year!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/10/playing-with-photoshop.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love this time of year and your photo really gives me an autumn feel. Love that you use these things found in nature as a beautiful way to decorate your shelf!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture, and accompanying words. The shift in nature and landscape are one of my favourite things about the autumn season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im loving spring at the moment, even though everyones post make want it to be autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love feeling the seasons change! The beginning of autumn is definitely one of the best times of the year for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely picture :) I've been really enjoying conker-spotting as I walk through the park on my way to work each morning at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha