11/10/2016

The Death Note: Origami

I've been watching and (trying) to make any and all of Paper Kawaii's creations on YouTube for a good while now, so when this tutorial popped up in my recommended feed a couple of weeks ago I knew this would be perfect for Halloween! I've been trying to push myself to make some more elaborate origami creations and making a miniature book seemed like a good place to start, while making another decorative piece for Halloween.

If you want to try your hand at your own miniature Death Note, the link to Paper Kawaii's video is here

"The human whose name is written in this note shall die."
First rule of the Death Note



All I used was some black paper, plain white A4 sheets and some white paint and a paintbrush to decorate the front cover with.

I really liked how this turned out, and it happily ticks the boxes for anyone who loves Death Note, whilst being perfect for a Halloween decorative piece too. 

If you're not too familiar with the show, Death Note is an anime and manga which deals with the concepts of death through various Japanese death gods, called Shinigami, and through the main character Light Yagami who is embroiled in a dark and twisted murder mystery once the Death Note falls into the wrong hands. In essence, the Death Note has the ability to kill; all you need is their name and face, but I won't tell you anymore as I don't want to give the rest of the story away! If you like manga and anime, and enjoy murder mysteries and thrillers, it's well worth checking out.

( I was going to share a potion bottle I had made / finished making with you all this week but the label I had originally used I can no longer use as it was actually part of a downloadable set from Etsy, and had been re-uploaded by another user to Pinterest, so apologies for that and to the original creator of the label set but I have a Mummy Mason Jar planned for you all next Tuesday :D )

Linking up with both Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday today.

Also, big thank you to Sarah for the special feature shout-out in today's Two Uses Tuesday for last week's origami pumpkins, yay! 


Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Tasha
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Death note sounds pretty ominous! I hadn't realized that Halloween was celebrated so much in the UK. The kids here get dressed in costumes and go door to door chanting "Trick or Treat" and go home loaded with candies and other good stuff. Dentists must love Halloween! Do children in Britain do the same thing? I think that next to Christmas our kids look forward to Halloween more than anything else - a chance to dress up and get free treats. What could be better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death Note is one of my favourite anime's - this looks cool! Origami seems like quite a hard thing, fiddly even. Never really given it a go myself though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not something I'm familiar with, Death Note sounds fascinating.

    Not at all creative myself, I do however appreciate you sharing all of your amazing handiwork. This would make a great Halloween prop though I have to confess to preferring your pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read or watched anime or manga, but I have heard a lot of good things about Death Note though. Definitely lots of spooky vibes from this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh weird! I've not heard of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha