24/10/2016

The Liebster Award!

A big thank you to Jamie from Once Upon A Blog for nominating me for the Liebster Award, this really put a smile on my face the other day and it's always nice when someone passes these awards / tags across as I love doing them. Make sure to head over to Jamie's post here, to read her answers to the previous 11 questions, and at the end of this post I'll be writing up another 11 questions for the next 5 bloggers to pass onto.


Image from The Global Aussie's blog post on the Official Rules of the Liebster Award blog post, which can be found here.

1. What/Who encouraged you to start a blog?

I started blogging a long time ago now back when I first started college. It began as an online journal of sorts, but when I got my first camera (that wasn't a disposable) I started to turn it into a photo diary, and it's just evolved from there. I think that now my blog definitely has more of an outdoorsy / nature and wildlife feel to it, which I'm happy with, but it still serves as a way for me to create a digital scrapbook of sorts that I can look back on in the future. It's become my own little time capsule and the fact that other people get joy from it by the comments I receive is just the icing on the cake. 

2. What’s your favourite blog post and why? (remember to leave a link to it)


If you mean a blog post that I have written than it would have to be this one: What The Jellyfish Told Me. I wrote this when I was struggling with things and I needed something to buoy myself with. I've often found comfort through nature and I'd recently been to the Bristol Aquarium for my friend's birthday so the photos I took fit beautifully with what I was trying to express. The photo above is also my favourite one from that post.

If it's a blog post that someone else has written then there are too many to pick from, so I will just leave the link to the last blog I read which I loved which is Sophie's Bolt From the Blue, which is here

3. What kind of atmosphere do you need to have when blogging?

I like to be sitting comfortably at my desk with some good music on. I find instrumentals are the best to write to, but lately I've been listening to a lot of Sufjan Stevens while blogging, which also works beautifully. 

4. Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so, as what/who?

I've got some make-up and I am planning on (trying) to make some horns from some cardboard to create a kind of dark woodland spirit. I'll definitely be sharing photos whatever I do!

5. Do you take your own photos? If so, which is your fave? (please show us)


Yes I do. I'm trying to get better and better each day and being in the blogging world is a big help as I can get good feedback from everyone. My favourite photo changes all the time as I've got too many folders full up on my computer, but currently, it's this one I titled The Swan Princess. I took this while I was at university as we had some adorable campus wildlife, and these swans were always friendly. If you had food with you they'd dutifully come over to see if they could get any. The sparkles on the surface of the water always make me smile too.

6. Are you a saver or a spender?

I need/want to be a saver but I have a horrible feeling I am more of a spender! 

7. Where’s your happy place?

With my family and friends. It's probably a cliche but the happiest moment of mine have been laughing with my family and friends, and I would extend that to the friendships I've created through the blogging community too. Second to that would be out in the woods or anywhere where there is some greenery. I love a bit of solitude and being outdoors and I also love spending time with my favourite people and catching up. Nothing compares to that ache in your stomach from having laughed so much or the revitalising feeling of being outdoors for me, so I know I technically cheated by putting two but I can't pick, haha!

8. Cats or Dogs?

Argh, the dreaded question! I can't pick. Both! ;)


A very old photo of my old neighbour's cat, Prince, who was the sweetest.


And one of my favourite photos of all time, dogs playing together on the beach at St Bees. 

So I have an excuse to put some animals in this post!

9. What song are you listening to at the moment that’s in the charts?

At the moment I really like Starboy by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk. I'm a huge Daft Punk fan and I really like the stuff The Weeknd has been bringing out, so to have the two together is good for the ears. I'm really into vaporwave at the moment (think futuristic electro-synth beats) so anything in that genre is going straight onto my playlist.

Slightly unrelated, by Sufjan Stevens' new album Carrie and Lowell is also really good - very soothing. 

10. What TV show are you into right now?

At the moment I really love The Fall on BBC Two. I was late to the party on this one so I was glad to catch up before the latest series started. It's very tense and dark, at times, but so well acted and I am always left wanting more with each episode.

11. What was the last movie you went to the cinema to see?

Stormtrooper stickers I got from a suprise egg last Christmas.

The last time I went to the cinema was sadly last December for Star Wars: The Force Awakens - I was dodging spoilers left, right and centre so knew I had to see it soon and it was just as amazing as I wanted it to be. 

My 11 Questions are:

1. What do you love the most about blogging / Why do you blog? (You don't have to answer both of these, but I couldn't decide on one!)
2. What's your favourite book that you go back to time and time again?
3. Favourite song at the moment?
4. As it's October; what's your favourite villian / monster from a film? (Can be any!)
5. If you could spend the day as any character from film, TV or a book, who would it be?
6. Halloween or Christmas?
7. Current go-to recipe / food / snack?
8. What is your favourite and least favourite thing about autumn?
9. Where do you want to travel the most next?
10. What was the last film you watched and would recommend?
11. Do you have a favourite quote? If so, what is it?

The 5 Bloggers I am tagging are: 


No pressure, of course, and also, feel free to answer these yourself if you'd like as I am always curious to see people's responses and I always struggle to pick just a few people! 

Thank you again for tagging me Jamie!

Hope you're all well and that your weeks all get off to a good start.

Tasha
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your nomination! These posts are always lovely as you get to know other bloggers better! It was wonderful to hear how you started your blog! My happy place is with my family and friends too!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gorgeous little cat next door to me was called Prince too! I miss him! I love your swan picture- it is so pretty! I do so love how you capture Sunlight in your photos. I took several pictures of light streaming through the trees on Saturday and although I have done it on many occasions, I really did think of you as I was doing it!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I've been a little lazy with blogging this last week or so, I will definitely put some time aside to do this!

    Ooh, I think the last film I saw at the cinema was Deadpool.

    I'm looking forward to answering your questions! I need to get my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your favourite atmosphere for when blogging sounds lovely and ever so relaxing Tasha :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both blog for the same reasons - I view my blog as an online scrapbook too. I do scrapbook in real life - holidays etc - but my blog is my place to capture the every day. When I'm old and grey, it'll be nice to look back on.

    Love the swan photo you shared above, and I look forward to seeing what you end up as for Halloween; I'm sure it'll be amazing with your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha