25/11/2016

A Golden Afternoon!

A couple of weeks back now my Mum and I had to travel up through Ambleside and the town was in full autumnal colour. There are some stunning displays of autumnal foliage there at the moment, so if you live in the area or are nearby, you may still be able to catch some of them before it gets to December and turns too chilly. Along the way back we stopped briefly at an area known as White Moss Walks. This is a starting place for several different trails, and while my Mum and I didn't do any walking that day, I noticed a small waterfall nearby so I had a brief wander but we will definitely be coming back here to explore the area more sometime in the future.


I can't be sure if this is a seasonal plunge pool and waterfall as it was fairly small, and there had been a lot of rain and snow on the mountains that week which could have contributed to this run-off, but it was magical to see. Surrounded by brambles, some of which were golden in the late afternoon sunshine, it was a nice place to stop and listen to the birds for a few minutes while the water fell.


My camera doesn't really do it justice, but this area of hedges and brambles was beautifully lit up in the sunshine, and I even spotted some blackberries growing here!


I loved these golden leaves, the colour was beautiful.


This area of exposed rock was interesting to me, I love the almost chalky white colour, and the overhead trees were glowing in the sunshine. Even further down from here the forest floor was covered in orange leaves, and I wished I'd had my proper walking boots on (it was very, very muddy and I had flats on) as I would have walked further down to take some more photos, but maybe another time.



On the way back I was admiring the colouration of the trees and the peaks and managed to get this fairly decent photo through the window, which I hope shows just a glimpse of what I saw; there were dark reds, yellows, oranges, browns and coppery shades and when set against the backdrop of the Fell it was incredibly pretty.

I'm linking up with Jen for Photo Friday.


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Tasha
xxx

9 comments:

  1. So many beautiful sights and scenes, Tasha. One of my favourite things during autumn is looking at the hedges and brambles - the leaves are usually the most beautiful colour and the berries bursting with beauty. Winter is soon to bring us beautiful sights of a different kind.

    Have a lovely weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I think a seasonal waterfall and pool would be so a nice thing to see. What a beautiful place for a wander! I bet it looks so lovely in the autumn light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tasha, Looks stunning. The waterfall plus all the colours really does make the place look magical! 😊x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful spot! The colours are lovely and I hope one day you will be able to share a walk in this area on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That waterfall is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the waterfall and plungepool! I wish that I lived near one!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How magical, I found myself scrutinising these photos sure I'd spot a fairy or two amongst all that autumnal foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pretty, definitely an autumn vibe to it. I love seeing waterfalls, they are always so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely waterfall! and those leaves! :) I think fall is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha