04/11/2016

Before The Last Leaf Falls

At the moment it must seem that all I do is visit Workington Hall but there's a good reason for it! Just like in spring when the flowers bloom, I always rush to get plenty of photos before they disappear and with there being such a short window between the autumn leaves appearing and then disappearing, it's the same rush all over again! 

So when I went back to the park today I was glad that I did as the trees are already looking considerably more bare than they did a few weeks ago!


This time I went at around 3:30pm so the last few rays of sun were about just before it began to set, casting beautiful golden light across the trees.


This made me smile. The last time I came here there were only a few leaves on the ground and now there is a carpet of leave! I should have worn boots as I had to wade through them all. 


This is my favourite photo of the bunch as it reminded me so much of the park in springtime. This tree's leaves were just starting to turn (one of the later ones to as the majority of them are already golden brown) and the shadows cast on it's trunk by the surrounding trees and sunlight was beautiful to see.


A leaf strewn pathway.


There were patches of light amongst the trees and bushes, which was beautifully warm to go and stand in, especially with the chillier November breezes now here.


I could have quite happily spent several hours just walking around, enjoying the feel of the sunshine and the crunch of the leaves beneath my shoes.


This tree caught my eye as I turned to leave because of it's beautiful colouring.


Another shot of that lovely tree just before I went home; slightly darker than the first as the sunlight was going by this time but it was beautiful nonetheless.

After the hectic month that October was I am glad that November is here and I am already looking forwards towards Christmas and New Years. A time which is often an emotional one but always a fun one too, and undoubtedly my favourite time of year; it's the promise of new things and to start afresh and if that sounds cliche then that's fine by me. 2016 has been a bit of a difficult year so I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious to speed through to Christmas now and see in a fresh 2017. However, for the time being, I will enjoy November and all it brings, and admiring these leaves is just one way I can do that.

I'm linking up with Jen for Photo Friday today.


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Tasha
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Oh I do love autumn. The lovely russet of the leaves followed by a carpet of fallen leaves ... bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are glorious photos Tasha. I like them very much and enjoyed my virtual walk with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always go back to the same places, I just like watching things change throughout the year. This looks like such a peaceful place to walk around. I'd like to visit sometime!

    As much as I don't like to with time away, I'm also looking forward to the New Year, I love the fresh start you get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is a wonderful time, and I was reminded the other day how, despite all the advances in technology, some delights for children never change. I watched a group of kids piling up leaves into huge mounds and then running like crazy and diving into them - with great hilarity. We used to do the same thing except we would jump down from the low branch of a tree. A pile of leaves and a child or two seems like a perfect recipe for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love everything about these pictures. The different colour of the leaves look so beautful against the sun rays. Love how you do the nature shots. Just like a pro. This is also my fav time of the year too. Very happy to see these pics.
    New post on my blog . Do drop by soon <3
    ✿thefashionflite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn is gorgeous I have to be honest though I really really don't like winter and wish Autumn could stick around for longer! X
    Deimante x
    http://www.sunnydei.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha