22/11/2016

Gold & Red in Watercolour

It's been an odd couple of weeks in my part of the world, but I've been thankful to have a small break from blogging and come 2017 I will finally be making the move across to WordPress, with a shiny new blog! I already blog over there with my second blog The Earth, Air & Sea and after encountering some issues with blogger these past few months I decided to make the leap for the new year and try something different.

As much as I've loved blogger and having had it be my home for posting online for a long time, I will miss it, but I'm looking forward to trying something new, so until then, I'm going to enjoy the last couple of months on here (or even less than a couple as it's already midway through November - eek!) before we start a new year, and then I'll be switching over to WordPress - yay! I'll put up a longer post detailing the wheres' and the why's with  a link to follow me before the year ends. 

In the meantime I have been indulging my creative side and have been painting one of my favourite sights come autumn -  red and gold leafy trees!


I started by outlining the trunk and the branches first, and then layered over blotches of yellow, orange and red, which all blended together. I wanted to recreate those typical autumnal shades, and I was inspired in part by the beautiful Japanese maple trees which are in bloom throughout Ambleside at the moment. They have almost black branches with these bright red leaves which contrast gorgeously against eachother. 


Of course I was also inspired by the other golden leafed trees I shared with you all at Workington Hall in my previous posts, and I used a stippling effect around the base of the trunk to make it appear as if the leaves had fallen and collected around the roots.


I'm really pleased with how this came out, and I always feel so much more relaxed after I've done some painting. I'm excited to start picking up my brushes more often now as I also took a break from crafting over the past fortnight while I was on my 'blogging holiday' so I'm excited to make some cute things for Christmas very soon too!

Thank you for all being patient and leaving me supportive comments in the meantime too, they've all been greatly appreciated.

I'm linking up with Stella and Sarah for Two Uses Tuesday.


Hope you all have a wonderful start to the week!

Tasha
xxx

11 comments:

  1. You'd love to pain some of the autumn trees I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your new home. I keep meaning to make the change from Blogger but with me its a case of better the devil you know so to speak.

    Loving your drawing. I wish I was creative like this but I simply don't have the eye for such detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice golden tree. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the autumn pallet of this painting, water colours have their own magic and you've used them to great effect here.

    I'll be interested to read about all the whys you've decided to make the switch to WP. I really like blogger myself and don't see myself moving anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My phone froze as I hit send so I hope this doesn't end up being a duplicate- it doesn't look like it :)
    I love the golden colours Tasha! The stippling you used at the bottom for the effect of fallen leaves works so well! Looks lovely. I'm glad you're enjoying doing your painting and having some time to do so as well. It's always nice to be able to spend time doing things you find calming and relaxing.
    I'm glad to see you back from your blogging break! I always enjoy reading your thoughts and looking at your gorgeous picture, both painted and photographed!
    Looking forward to seeing more! Lots of Love to you- I hope you're well and having a good week! ��xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved this blog of your's dear .
    hope the new one will be more wonderful .
    your art is beautiful .
    this tree looks a lovely display of fall

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful painting, Tasha - it fully encompasses autumn and I love the detail of the fallen leaves also.

    I know many people make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress. I'm very happy with blogger myself, I haven't really encountered any problems, but I wish you a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah this is lovely! I used to love painting but I haven't done any in ages - perhaps it's something I ought to try and get back to! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I'm excited for the new blog!

    I love the colours in this tree, it gives me lots of Autumn vibes!

    I like putting down hobbies and picking up new ones, it keeps things fresh and exciting. I recently picked up my colouring book after a few months of not doing any and it's been so nice to just listen to my book and colour in.

    i'm looking forward to seeing all your festive creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tree! The colors are beautiful!

    I've tried wordpress, when helping design other people's blogs for work before, and I just didn't like it. I really like the ease of posting on blogger. Then again, I imagine you will be getting your own domain, and that's pretty useful in the blogging world. Plus, if you've been having issues on blogger… why not switch? Hopefully the process of moving to the new blog is easy! I look forward to seeing what your wordpress site looks like in the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha