05/11/2016

Project 365: The Favourite Five - October! (Brief Hiatus)

October passed by me in a flurry and while it was a fun month that I happily filled with lots of crafts and horror films, it has also been one of the most stressful months of this year and as I mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm grateful for the beginning of a new month and a fresh start. Having said that I am finding 2016 to be a difficult year and as upbeat and optimistic as I am, especially on this blog, I find myself struggling with things a little. So after I publish this post I am going to be taking another brief hiatus, possibly until the last week of November, but I may return sooner depending on how things turn out for me - we shall see as the month progresses.

And before I share with you my favourite photos of the month I just want to say that all of the comments I am left on a weekly basis here are really making me smile at the moment and I am always so happy to know that my very amateur photographs can make some of you smile, and while this blog may be a little quiet for the rest of the month, I will be coming back, but at the moment I feel like I need a little time to recuperate and focus on myself while things are a little rocky for me.

Thank you for all of the kind words you always leave me and here are my five favourites from my Project 365 for October!

1. Evening Blues


Everyone knows how much I enjoy my sunsets but when the curtains come into play and the colour of the light filters through them it's a photo opportunity I never pass up. 

2. Setting Sun


Standing next to the lilac tree watching the sun set while the seagulls circled overhead was a very pleasant end to the day early in October and there was still a warm breeze on the horizon. 

3. Glowing


As the nights got colder and darker the candles inevitably came out of hiding, and this log shaped one is still one of my favourites. When the wick has burned down so far, the glow of the candle comes through the bark on the outside and it looks lovely and is ticking all of the cosy boxes.

4. Little Robin


Always a welcome sight to the garden; the adorable local robin. 

5. Golden Shadows


The fallen autumnal leaves when lit up by the setting sun will always be one of my favourite sights around this time of year, and was my favourite way to end this month's Project 365. 

October has meant I've been able to indulge my love of autumn leaves and the lovely golds and oranges that appear around this time of year so I'm excited to see the changes in November as it gets chillier now and the winter temperatures set in, so when I return to my blog in a couple of weeks I'll hopefully have some more nice photos showing Cumbria in it's pretty wintry attire. I'm also looking forward to having a break from blogging, focusing on things and then returning feeling refreshed and ready to get back into things, and hopefully I'll be feeling a little better then too.

Hope you all have a lovely rest of the weekend and a good start to the week too!

Tasha
xxx

8 comments:

  1. I love that candle! Nice shot of an interesting object

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunsets are special anyway, but through thin curtains they're made all the more special, that warm glow.. I agree :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the Evening Blues photo so much. It's so calming to look at <3

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know I have yet to have anyone tell me 2016 has been a good year for them. Still, great to have such wonderful images to cheer us. I've yet to see our robin this year so it was lovely to see this photo of your feathered friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your break! It's good to take time to ourselves and blogging can always wait. I'm quite enjoying my quiet time away from the blog at the moment, minus the odd post here and there. It's been nice to focus on other things.

    Hope you feel better after your break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a beautiful Robin! Actually, isn't it a SHE? I'm sure the males have white bits! Mind you, he/she's kind of hiding that paunch behind the wing. Hmmmm...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take whatever time you need to recover from what ails you. If you need a little calm and tranquility I have two remedies - nature, nature and more nature and the slow movement from Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. That is surely one of the most serene pieces of music ever composed and will sooth a troubled breast. Get refreshed and re-energized soon and come back to delight us all with your blog posts. A big hug from Canada, David.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha