01/01/2017

Project 365: The Favourite Five - December

Another year of Project 365 has come to an end, and I'm really glad I decided to do this again as the last time I attempted Project 365 was back in 2014, so it's been good fun to challenge myself to do some new things, have a go at improving my own photography skills and setting myself a daily challenge. I won't be carrying on Project 365 into 2017 as I like to take breaks in between to refresh myself, so I might do this again in 2018, but we'll see. I am going to be challenging myself to some photography challenges I found online throughout this year and I'll be doing monthly round-ups on my new blog of those.

However, it's time to say farewell to this project for another year and share with you all my favourite photos from December - I wanted to do it on this blog as all of my other 365 posts are here, but apart from this one the next post is a mini update to say goodbye to this blog, so this is also the penultimate post on Through Tasha's Camera! Also, if you'd like to see my entire year just click this link here and you can view all the months and images from Project 365 over on their official website. 

Onto the photos!

1. Sparkling Stars


Workington's Christmas decorations lit up the whole town beautifully over the festive period and this glittery star was my favourite. I snapped this before the lights were officially turned on the week after, as I loved the design and the way it was glittering in the midday sunshine.

2. Reflected


While taking photos of the Christmas tree I spied my reflection in one of the baubles, with the camera and loved the result.

3. Flash of Orange


A beautifully blinding sunset tonight. No edits, this really was the colour of the sky out there, as the sun dipped below the horizon!

4. Snowflake Shadows


Christmas is over and I spent most of the days afterwards relaxing in my room, enjoying these snowflakes shadows as the sky changed colour behind them. I always like to take the next few days as rest days before the excitement of the New Year begins. This Christmas was very quiet and relaxed so next year I want to do something a bit more lively!

5. Sunny Snowflakes 


Today was the day I took down my decorations so I got some final few photos to remember them by (no official decorations post this year due to life things, but next year I will make sure of it!), and the sun came beaming through my curtains hitting one of my paper snowflakes beautifully. A lovely way to end the festive season!

Thank you for all of your lovely, kind and supportive comments on my photos this year, especially the Project 365 photos and for those of you who have done this this year, what's been your favourite bit about this and what have been your favourite photos?

It's been a very difficult year for me personally and with the added stress of global news and general worries it's not been easy, but I am determined to make 2017 a great year, so have at you 2017!

Happy New Year all!

Tasha
xxx

11 comments:

  1. A lovely final favourite five! I left a comment on your last 365 shot with a quotation very appropriate for us - I thought you would appreciate it.
    What photo challenges will you be doing if you don't mind me asking? I'm always looking for a new challenge or new inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats on completing the 365 day photo challenge - that's some serious commitment! The sunset you captured (in number 3) is breathtakingly beautiful. Wow. Happy 2017!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely winter and xmas accents - Happy New Year 2017

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great you were able to complete the challenge! All your photos are so pretty, I really like the first one, of the star. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous sunset!! Those colours!

    I'm so looking forward to see where you take your new blog in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your reflection in that bauble. I think it would make a lovely personalised Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the little festive touch to these photos. You always do a good job with ur work. The first one is my favorite and the cutest. Happy new year.
    New post on my blog . Do drop by soon <3
    ✿thefashionflite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a vacation you've had! I've loved seeing all of the pictures.
    Sony Imx253

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my little space, I hope you found something inspirational or interesting here. Leave a message if you like and I will get back to you as quickly as possible - Tasha